- About Us. 2
- Our Commitment to Privacy. 2
- Links. 2
- Information Covered by this Policy. 3
- Information We Collect 3
- Personal Information. 3
- Payment Information. 3
- How We Collect Information. 4
- Tracking Tools and “Do Not Track”. 4
- Cookies. 4
- Web Beacons. 5
- Mobile Device Identifiers. 5
- Internet-based/Online Behavioral Advertising. 5
- Opting Out/ Unsubscribing. 6
- Tracking Tools. 6
- Use of Information. 6
- Disclosure of Information. 7
- Public Information. 8
- Storage and Security of Information. 8
- Collecting Personal Information & Modifications. 9
- Amendments. 9
- How to Contact Us. 9
Effective Date: 31st May, 2018
Medbit is a mobile health tech solutions company that allows users (healthcare recipients) to book healthcare providers and facilities in an intuitive easy-to-use manner.
When you access Medbit, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your postal address code); (3) insurance data (such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan, member ID, group ID and payer ID); (4) medical data (such as the doctors, dentists or other healthcare specialists, professionals, providers, or organizations (collectively, “Healthcare Providers”) you have visited, your reasons for visit, your dates of visit, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us).We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access Medbit if you choose not to provide us with any personal information, but some features, such as booking an appointment, that require your personal information will not be accessible to you.
We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account.
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with Medbit, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you use Medbit’s interactive tools and services, such as searching for Healthcare providers, searching for available appointments with Healthcare providers and completing medical history forms before Healthcare provider appointments;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through Medbit or through responses to surveys, questionnaires etc.;
- If you download and install the Medbit app, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you relevant services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alerts;
- If you download the Medbit app or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
- Via cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (tracking tools); and
- When you voluntarily provide information when contacting Medbit.
We may use the following tools:
They may be used to collect information about the use of the website, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we may send. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many Healthcare recipients and professionals are using Medbit and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising. (discussed further below).
We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with Medbit, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the Site. We use the information collected from these services to help make Medbit easier to use. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use their services.
As with other tracking tools, mobile device identifiers aid Medbit learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address and location) and traffic data.
We may use this type of advertising. This means that some of our partners use tracking tools to display Medbit ads on other websites or services based on information about your use of Medbit or your interests (as inferred from online activity). Such partners may include third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks or platforms, and agencies. Other tracking tools used by our partners may collect information when you use Medbit, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, browser, web page interactions, geographic location and demographic information, such as gender and age range. These tracking tools help Medbit learn more about healthcare recipients’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Some web and mobile browsers allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. A healthcare recipient may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your particular device.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see Medbit advertisements that are not targeted toward you. Moreover, it is important to note that opting out does not mean that Medbit is no longer using tracking tools. Medbit may still collect information about your use of the website or mobile application even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements and may still serve advertisements to you via the website/ mobile application based on information it collects through those channels.
We may use information that is neither personal information to better understand healthcare recipients who use Medbit better and how we can deliver a better interactive experience or otherwise at our discretion.
We use information, including personal information, to provide services and to help improve the website and mobile application, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display Medbit ads on other websites). Such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contacting you when necessary or requested, for example, to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding Medbit, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the website and the mobile application;
- Customizing or tailoring your experience of Medbit, which may include sending customized messages or showing you sponsored results;
- Notifying you about certain resources, healthcare providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Sending you information about Medbit;
- Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
- Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts; and
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
In certain circumstances, and in order to run the website and mobile application, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
- We may share your personal information with healthcare providers with whom you choose to schedule through either the website or the mobile application.
- Provided that you choose to use Medbit, we may share your personal information with your healthcare providers to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other healthcare providers on your behalf or to perform analyses on potential health issues or treatments.
- We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your personal information with our partners to customize or display our advertising.
- We may share your personal information and traffic data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, website analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
- We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and via our partners) to determine eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtain benefit plan information on your behalf.
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Medbit (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- We also may need to disclose your personal information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to:
- comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process;
- protect the rights, property or safety of you, Medbit or another party;
- enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or
- to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
Any information that a healthcare recipient/healthcare provider may reveal in a review posting or online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose any personal information in any public posting or forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict. Moreover, Medbit reserves the right to delete comments that it finds to be offensive or not in line with Medbit’s policies.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Although we make good faith efforts to store personal information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If at any time we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can update that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your personal information.
If you are a registered user of the website and mobile application, you can modify certain personal information or account information by logging in and accessing your account. Please note that Medbit reserves the right to retain information from closed accounts, including complying with law, preventing fraud, resolving disputes and taking other actions permitted by law.